Press Releases & Publications
Live Demo at IMS 2018 [ June 5, 2018 ]
Live Demo at IMS 2018
BRING YOUR OPERATIONAL SCENARIO TO IMS AND LET US RUN IT ON OUR MULTIPURPOSE 1 TO 3 GHZ HIGH POWER AMPLIFIER!
Empower RF Systems is once again conducting live demonstrations of broadband, high power amplifiers with compelling performance, industry leading small size, IOT interface, and user selectable functionality that dares to challenge legacy products offered in the market. Next appearing at IMS 2018 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, we will be showcasing a variety of RF modules along with our 1 to 3 GHz, 1 kW HPA in a 5U chassis. This is an extraordinary design which includes an integrated (internal) dual directional coupler and instrument grade power metering.
In addition to industry leading size / weight / power performance, the demonstration team will be exercising the system software that makes this a truly configurable amplifier with modes and features that include:
SELECTABLE USER OUTPUT POWER CONTROL
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Automatic Level Control (ALC)
- Manual Gain Control (MGC)
SELECTABLE OPERATING MODES
- CW, FM, AM, CE
- Digital Modulation
- Multi-carrier / Multitone
- Pulse Modulation
- Gated Pulse
BUILT IN PEAK DETECTORS
- Input and Output Detectors
- Selectable Peak and RMS
This array of operational and power detection modes provides maximum flexibility and in our increasingly complex digital waveform environment you need to invest in amplifier systems with a flexible and future proof architecture. The fact that we will be controlling these amplifiers through a wireless connection and highlighting diagnostics and remote control features through an iPad is equally impressive and, we believe, also industry leading.
If you will be attending IMS 2018, we invite you to come see us at Booth 1048. We would be pleased to spend time with you discussing your test or operating scenarios and comparing notes on your application and how our multi-mode hardware and software architecture can reduce complexity and cost of your system integration.
AGC and ALC Described
mode enables internal feedback to automatically fix the gain to the level you set so the amplifier gain remains flat across the broadband range of the amplifier. This mode simplifies your system design or test setup with benefits including:
- Input signal equalization for compensating gain variations no longer required
- Treat the amplifier as a calibrated gain block within your test equipment chain or system design
- Eliminate the need for external system measurements: couplers, power sensors,meter, and system software feedback loops
- Ideal for fast and accurate test setup and execution
mode allows the user to command the amplifier output to a specified power level rather than adjusting the exciter to a certain power level to achieve the desired output. The output power is set either through the front panel or as a SCPI command via the LAN port. Wouldn’t you rather command the amplifier to your desired output power rather than build your own feedback loop to control the exciter?
- Allows you to build your own system with uncalibrated components
- Eliminate the need to develop your own real-time feedback loop to monitor the output and set the input exciter level
- Simplifies and speeds up system integration
- Output Level is set accurately across the entire band