We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Reasons to work for Empower RF Systems
High power, solid state RF is on the forefront of technology advancements in mission critical applications.
The team at Empower RF Systems is doing leading edge design work to enable the deployment of next generation power amplifiers and the embedded computing that’s integral to their performance advantages.
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or career advancement, you need to find out more about what we are doing and who we are hiring. We have immediate needs for qualified, high power RF engineers and technicians, and qualified test engineers - come join our team and jump to the leading edge of solid state, high power RF.
US Patent 8,736,365 B2
US Patent 9,093,731 B2
US Patent 9,007,125 B2
US Patent 11,115,121 B2
US Patent 20,200,366,258 A1
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates.
Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide.
We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Right to Work Statement
Empower RF Systems is an IMAGE member and participates in E-Verify Details
Associate RF Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and Sr. Systems Engineer, the Associate RF Engineer will participate in the process from proposal to end of life in the design, development, and maintenance of high-power Solid-State Amplifiers and Systems. The incumbent will work with other engineers, managers, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- RF high-power solid-state amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS, AWR MWO and ADS, and using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high-power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform circuit analysis on simple to medium complexity analog, digital, and RF circuits.
- Generate test procedures and schematic diagrams. Assist in design reviews under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Provide support to the Engineering Organization as directed.
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases.
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products.
- Establish product design criteria, and determine material requirements, operational capabilities and limitations.
- Responsible for project management of his/her designs and assure the workflow hand-offs within the company.
Apply for this position
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years of work experience within an RF/Microwave/Aerospace Engineering environment.
- Strong educational foundation that includes coursework and lab work in RF/Microwave theory and principles.
- Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronics. Strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in the use of RF/microwave measurement instruments such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to interface with the customer, manufacturing, test, and subcontract technical personnel.
- Knowledge of device/device technology. Skilled in design, validation and characterization of analog circuits.
- Must be a flexible and motivated team player who is able to prioritize tasks and communicate effectively.
Full LAMP Stack Developer
Reporting to the Company’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and partnering closely with our hardware development engineers, this is an opportunity to become a contributing member of a small development team of software & firmware engineers. Key deliverable is implementation of PHP 7+ and JSON based API (hosted via Lumen API Microframework) and custom Web GUI Control System that are embedded in the next generation of our high-power amplifiers. The ideal candidate balances solid technical credentials in Linux-based environments, with plenty of PHP 7+ and API development, as well as some experience with SQLite. While this position is for a backend developer, frontend experience with Angular 10+ SPA frameworks would be very beneficial, and experience with Angular’s CLI, as well as JSON-over-HTTP API calls to a LAMP backend stack is a plus.
Apply for this position
- Bachelor of Science degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science.
- 5-10 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the management of software development and execution of deadline-driven team projects.
- Deep knowledge and vision of the current evolution of embedded software engineering and technology – including web systems or IoT development, ZeroMQ, and platforms including Linux, PHP 7+, Lumen API Microframework, Apache2, and SQLite3.
- Experience with configuring and customizing Apache, PHP-FPM, SSH, NTP, RPCBIND, and IP addressing & subnetting is a big plus.
- 3 or more years’ experience with Angular 10+, HTML5, as well as use of RxJS Subjects and Observables as fundamental design patterns within the Angular suite.
- Web systems or IoT development, with use of frontend and backend infrastructures.
- Self-motivated and able to absorb existing architecture and develop new features within deadlines.
Embedded Software / Hardware / Firmware Engineer
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to CTO in the Engineering Department. Primary focus is on the amplifier’s digital control board based on Xilinx FPGA and SOCs and embedded Linux software design.
The position requires hands-on bench testing and debugging of digital hardware, interfacing with customers during design reviews and system tests, working with vendors to explain special requirements, and solving/resolving technical issues related to vendor-supplied material. The successful candidate has solid design capabilities on DSP (digital signal processors) to perform control loops and signal correction and the software to support it.
- Actively participate in digital and software requirements definition.
- Design digital circuits using SOCs (Xilinx) and code with VHDL.
- Design and implement software components to meet customer-specific design requirements.
- Create interface control documentation.
- Perform schematic capture and reviews using PADS.
- Write code for individual modules with commonly-used embedded design languages (C, C++). Must be able to work on assignments with little direct supervision.
- Design GUI to simplify adjustments of variables in production environment (e.g. Qt C++).8
Apply for this position
- Four+ years of relevant experience with digital design and applications is required.
- Must be proficient in VHDL and understand how to implement multi-pipe FPGA design.
- DSP algorithm implementation experience is a plus.
- Experience with Xilinx VIVADO tools flow including synthesis, simulation, place & route, timing closure.
- Proficiency needed on C++, Python and C applied to embedded designs.
- Some level of RF and Microwave knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Control Theory applied to RF/MW using FW and SW is a plus.
Quality Assurance Inspector
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack mounted amplifier systems.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts and assemblies and drives corrective action with sub tier suppliers. May create supplier scorecards, manage sub tier supplier metrics, and support future dock-to-stock programs as defined by the QA Director.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting as needed.
- Manages external contract calibration service including monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on reworked products and assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Reviews MSDS and shelf-life information for purchased shelf-life control items and manages shelf-life control procedures.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
Apply for this position
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Control experience, preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment.
- Must understand Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) and advanced shop math.
- Requires thorough understanding of QA inspection methods, including good analysis skills and technical knowledge.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 or IPC-A-610 certified trainer/technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blueprint, and specification interpretation.
- Proficiency in the use of inspection hand gauges including micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal & external thread gauges, ID/OD micrometers, bore gauges, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access is needed.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Empower RF Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EEO / Pay Transparency Posters
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Empower RF Systems is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Empower and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email or telephone.
- Request assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request assistance by calling (310) 412-8100, Extension 153.
- When contacting us, please provide your contact information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We will only respond to inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.