We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
The Program Manager oversees the coordination and management of new key customer projects/programs with the goal of delivering every engagement on time, within budget and within scope. He/she is a member of the Executive Team and reports to the CEO. The Program Manager has no direct reports.
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of programs with all stakeholders and represent the interest of the customer in the company.
- Participate in and review technical/cost proposal (quote/bid).
- Create preliminary BOM and product family tree for Next-Gen product configurations prior to scheduling Concept Review.
- Interface with cross-functional teams in Sales, Engineering, Ops, F&A to develop program schedules and budget.
- Consolidate and maintain program schedules into a Master Schedule. Evaluate the implementation of an EVMS that fits the needs of Empower RF.
- Schedule and facilitate internal design reviews (development process) on a timely basis.
- Interface with customer for Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), update calls and sign off Software Requirement Documents (SRD) and Product Requirement Documents (PRD) as needed. Ensure that the Contracts are being followed.
- Pre-emptive identification and management of at-risk projects/programs to successfully steer them to smooth delivery.
- Successfully manage the customer relationship while maintaining strategic alignment to company goals.
- A minimum of ten years related work experience is required. Experience with aerospace or government customers is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering-related field or Program Management is preferred.
- Good understanding of engineering-to-manufacturing work flows, including operation and supply chain processes.
- Proficient MS Office and Project skills. Epicor/Vantage experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Production and Purchasing functions in a technical/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Engineering Process and Engineering Change Order requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; must have superior client-facing and internal communication skills as well as great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational ability; attention to detail, self-motivated, ability to handle high-volume workload and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) works closely with internal teams to devise and implement procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests; audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Recommends and supports process improvements and provides inputs and support for vendor evaluations. Ensures that corrective measures meet reliability standards and that documentation is compliant. Interfaces with customers and government agencies.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure the final product meets product design requirements and support the development of new products.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Determine root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and test, provide failure analysis report as required.
- Manage/communicate technical product changes to Operations including ECO, MCO, waivers, deviations, etc.
- Define, set and manage product quality goals and plans.
- Drive Lean and Six Sigma process and methodologies with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Manage and drive closure of external customer complaints and corrective actions (CA) with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Responsible for managing and driving low cost processes.
- Document existing and new quality assurance processes, lead training and ISO certification.
- Develop and implement QA test and perform statistical analysis for development & production programs.
- Initiate and sustain MRB (Material Review Board) process in support of appropriate product disposition.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
- Assist with internal auditing and perform Quality audits for established and new suppliers.
- Quality Engineering degree or equivalent degree required. Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in process and product engineering role within electronic manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry related journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, etc.
- RF experience is preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Experience with MS Office products required, experience with a statistical software package is a plus.
Associate RF Engineer
This position is located in our Holbrook, New York design facility and reports to the RF Engineer Manager with a supporting role in all activities of the Engineering Department. As an Associate RF Engineer at Empower, the incumbent will participate in the process from proposal to end of life in the design, development, and maintenance of high power Solid-State Amplifiers and Systems targeted to the industrial, commercial and military markets. The incumbent will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to goals and principles.
- RF High Power Solid-State Amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS and ADS.
- High Power amplifier design using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Validate and test new products & designs in the lab; participate in internal R & D of new RF technologies.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform circuit analysis on simple to medium complexity analog, digital, and RF circuits.
- Generate test procedures and schematic diagrams; assist in design reviews under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Provide support to the Engineering Organization as directed.
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases.
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products.
- Establish product design criteria, and determine material requirements, product operational capabilities and limitations.
- Responsible for project management of his/her designs and assure the workflow hand-offs to the various agents within the company.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science/Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
- A strong educational foundation that includes coursework and lab work in RF/Microwave theory and principles.
- Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronics.
- Experience with RF/microwave measurement instruments such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to interface with the customer, manufacturing, test, and technical subcontract technical personnel.
- Knowledge of device and device technology. Skilled in the design, validation and characterization of analog circuits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a flexible, motivated team player with ability to prioritize tasks, and communicate effectively.
RF Sales Account Executive
This sales and leadership position is focused on driving business growth and results from our key markets of EW (Electronic Warfare), Communications, Radar, and Test & Measurement. The RF Sales Account Executive has a technical background, strong credentials and contacts in OEM’s and Agencies, and a demonstrated track record of partnering, team building, and strategic selling.
- Execute a sales plan and lead by example in implementing strategies to close orders and grow our power amplifier business.
- Build a strong presence for Empower RF Systems at targeted OEM and Agency locations and across key markets.
- Leverage industry contacts and previously-developed account coaches to generate and close new business opportunities.
- Build a sales funnel for developing new business and mapping key opportunities at targeted OEM’s and Agencies.
- Work collaboratively with product engineers, FAE’s, business development, and inside Sales support team.
- Represent the Company with key customers by leading, as appropriate, contract negotiations and strategic engagements.
- Participate in industry or trade associations as a representative of Empower RF Systems.
- Provide accurate and timely reports, forecasts, and budget detail to management.
- BSEE or other BS degree, or equivalent RF industry experience.
- 10+ years of successful experience in strategic account sales of complex RF products and sub-systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical aspects of amplifier design as related to sales opportunities and contracts.
- Confident presenter with strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated – competitive and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Record of achieving sales results; strong network of relevant contacts at OEM’s and Agencies.
- Demonstrated skills and references as both a team builder and customer advocate inside the organization.
Inventory Clerk I
Reporting to the Stockroom Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk maintains stock and inventory levels within the Stockroom and Warehouse areas. He/she ensures materials are stored and identified correctly, issues material for jobs according to Job Traveler and/or Material Requisition Form, and if necessary moves material safely throughout the facility using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift. Maintains accurate records in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receive incoming inventory & supply items, log into company ERP system, and label and stock inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Fill kits, check part numbers, clean and pack inventory items.
- Inspect inventory for defects, scratches or other damage. Notify Manager of problems.
- Follow all company safety and accident procedures while on company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Track all inventory in appropriate system.
- Organize and clean warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe stockroom operations.
- Recommend process and procedure changes to Stockroom Supervisor to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP data system and perform various tasks within the system.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and reconciliation.
- Assist in day-to-day inventory discrepancies as well as monthly inventories.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- At least one year experience in Warehouse/Inventory, preferably in an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand throughout an 8 to 10 hour day, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Forklift operating experience (Forklift Certification a plus).
- Epicor / Vantage experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately find, count, bag, label and deliver small parts, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to operate personal computers and software programs, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
RMA - Test Supervisor
The RMA / Production Test Supervisor oversees two related areas: 1) the Customer Return Processing operation (RMA); and 2) the Production Test area. In RMA, the supervisor will interface with customers regarding operational issues, work with support teams within the company to report/ resolve discrepancies, and provide guidance and training to the RMA team. The Production Test Supervisor will be a hands-on technician, trainer and motivator of RF Test Technicians in implementing the daily and monthly test function schedule.
Essential Duties in RMA
- Interface with customers to resolve RMA and operational discrepancies.
- Commit to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2015 and any other regulatory standard.
- Provide assistance with failure analysis of RMA’s and properly document findings.
- Train and manage RMA team on daily schedule and processes.
- Complete documentation of quality issues in ERP and maintain its accuracy.
- Work with internal teams (IT, Engineering, Shipping, Accounting, etc.) to ensure proper handling, documentation and customer satisfaction of returned merchandise.
Essential Duties in Production Test
- Maintain test schedules and quality of work of the test team. Provide reports as needed.
- Using broad knowledge of electrical test instruments used in testing RF amplifiers and write test specifications and procedures as required.
- Requisition equipment and supplies for department.
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions, and equipment and tool requirements.
- Perform trouble-shooting, analyze and repair (or assign and oversee the repair) of failed units or customer returns.
- Use basic statistical tools, pareto charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Set-up complex test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products. Be involved in test and evaluation of prototype and pre-production with Engineering.
- Develop the technical strength of the test technician team.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred, plus five or more years of relevant experience or equivalent experience/education.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with RMA process, preferably in electrical manufacturing environment.
- Supervisor or Team Lead experience, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of assembly drawings, parts lists, schematics, standard test procedures, wiring diagrams, complex test set-ups, metering requirements, and electro-mechanical theory.
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters required by the specification.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.