We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Associate RF Engineer
This position is located in our Inglewood, CA headquarters and reports to the Chief Technology Officer. An Associate RF Engineer at Empower will participate in the process from proposal to end of life in the design, development, and maintenance of high power Solid-State Amplifiers and Systems targeted to the industrial, commercial and military markets. The incumbent will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to goals and principles.
- RF High Power Solid-State Amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS and ADS.
- High Power amplifier design using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Validate and test new products & designs in the lab; participate in internal R & D of new RF technologies.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform circuit analysis on simple to medium complexity analog, digital, and RF circuits.
- Generate test procedures and schematic diagrams; assist in design reviews under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Provide support to the Engineering Organization as directed.
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases.
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products.
- Establish product design criteria, and determine material requirements, product operational capabilities and limitations.
- Responsible for project management of his/her designs and assure the workflow hand-offs to the various agents within the company.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science/Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
- A strong educational foundation that includes coursework and lab work in RF/Microwave theory and principles.
- Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronics.
- Experience in the use of RF/microwave measurement instruments such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to interface with the customer, manufacturing, test, and technical subcontract technical personnel.
- Knowledge of device and device technology. Skilled in the design, validation and characterization of analog circuits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a flexible, motivated team player with ability to prioritize tasks, and communicate effectively.
Inventory Clerk I
Reporting to Stockroom Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk maintains stock and inventory levels within the Stockroom and Warehouse areas. He/she ensures materials are stored and identified correctly, issues material for jobs according to Job Traveler and/or Material Requisition Form, and moves material safely throughout the facility using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift. Maintains accurate records in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receive incoming items, log into company ERP system, and label / stock inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Fill kits, check part numbers, clean and pack inventory items.
- Inspect inventory for defects, scratches or other damage. Notify Manager of problems.
- Track all inventory in appropriate system.
- Organize and clean warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe stockroom and warehouse operations.
- Recommend process and procedure changes to Stockroom Supervisor to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP data system and perform various tasks within the system.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and reconciliation.
- Assist in day-to-day inventory discrepancies as well as monthly and year-end inventories.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- At least one year experience in Warehouse/Inventory, preferably in an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand throughout an 8 to 10 hour day, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Forklift operating experience (Forklift Certification a plus).
- Epicor / Vantage experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately find, count, bag, label and deliver small parts, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to operate computers and software programs, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
RF Test Technician
Reporting to the Production Test Manager and partnering closely with engineering teams, the RF Test Technician develops and performs test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. He/she supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team in providing testability planning, strategies and methodologies.
- Work closely with product and design engineering and operations to support product development.
- Specify and recommend test resources, processes, capabilities, and technology.
- Set-up test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products.
- Test, update and repair printed circuit board using test stations, soldering equipment and/or tools.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of RF components within manufacturing.
- Use basic statistical tools, compare to charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, trade school education, electronic certification or equivalent professional training with 3 years of experience in RF testing and basic manufacturing assembly skills.
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters called out by the specification.
- Must be capable of making complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Basic RF knowledge along with tuning/troubleshooting experience from 6GHz and below.
- Ability to debug circuits and systems.
- Hands-on experience with RF testing equipment including: Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Signal Generator, and Power Supply.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 standards and procedures.
- Comfortable working both independently and in team environments.
- Excellent communications skills; computer proficiency; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
The Electronic Assembler provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, power amplifier assembly techniques, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components. The Electronic Assembler makes electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; includes soldering, wiring, mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Work from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Perform various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Perform operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work areas.
- Work daily with hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Learn Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interface with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Assist in reviewing documentation: assembly prints; part lists; mechanical prints related to building / testing hardware.
- Required: Expertise in RF board and mechanical assembly as well as familiarity with RF Connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical parts.
- Must have previous training in J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English, perform basic math, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required, as is proficient use of hand tools, power tools and soldering irons.
- Bending, stooping and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 30 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Machine shop/mechanical backgrounds a plus.
- Must be able to work on prototype, engineering and production type hardware, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with manufacturing Quality and Inspection processes is a plus.
Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Developer
The Senior Full-Stack Developer will design, develop and release to maintenance an Automated Test System for manufacture of amplifier modules and systems targeted to industrial and military markets. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and partnering closely with HW, SW and firmware engineers, the candidate will have a great opportunity to optimize the process to reduce human error in testing of mission-critical hardware. Key deliverable is implementation of SW architecture and related functionality that supports current and next generation product lines. The ideal candidate balances solid technical credentials in LAMP stack, has some experience with hardware, strong communication skills, and a demonstrated track record of results in building end-to-end systems.
- Develop ATE application that integrates with PXI testing equipment which includes application back-end server, no-sql db, web-server, set of RESTful APIs and web-based GUI.
- Apply knowledge of SOA to improve system architecture to be simple but scalable.
- Exhibit strong organizational and analytical skills to adapt in quickly-changing technical environment.
- Design, implement, and test the code through full system integration.
- Actively participate in software and digital hardware requirements definition.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, Operations Test Lead and test team on schedule and feature estimates in Jira.
- Hands-on bench testing and debugging of software / firmware on target hardware platform.
- Integrate HW feature test scripts and provide coaching to script developer on integration with ATE application back-end.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications end to end (front-end and back-end).
- Hands-on experience across entire LAMP stack or equivalent; experience working on all layers of application (from data modeling to server side).
- Fluency in Linux.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services and working in SOA.
- Experience with DevOps, build/deployment automation is desired. Embedded system experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, competitive individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to get things done in a small company team environment. Relentless learner and team player.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Desktop Support Technician
The Network Administrator will perform daily network administration tasks and work with the Sr. Network Administrator to maintain the viability of our network and server infrastructure and support end-users. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, competent professional who can support a wide range of IT Help Desk needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical support of all IT functions, including: setting up computers; installing software; trouble-shooting computer and laptop issues; configuring email on mobile devices; connecting / supporting audio-video equipment in conference rooms; setting up end-user desk phones; troubleshooting copier issues as needed; etc.
- Maintain proper documentation of IT activities.
- Work independently and with Sr. Network Administrator to evaluate and resolve computer and user problems, including compatibility conflicts and application operations.
- Experience in Active Directory Environment is mandatory to be successful in this position.
- Two to three years’ experience in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet browsers is required.
- Experience needed in desktop repair, laptop repair, racking network/server equipment, and neatly connecting network devices.
- Skill and experience required in software installs, virus and malware removal, networking, imaging hard drives, configuring email on mobile devices, connecting and supporting audio video equipment in conference rooms, and end-user desk phone setup and troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service, time management and conflict resolution skills are needed.
- Ability to lift or move material up to 35 lbs. a distance of several feet.
- Ability to read and understand written technical specifications for hardware and software products as related to IT Help Desk support needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken. Excellent typing skills is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and the ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.