We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Reasons to work for Empower RF Systems
High power, solid state RF is on the forefront of technology advancements in
The team at Empower RF Systems is doing
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!Equal Employment Opportunity Reasonable Accommodation Right to Work Statement
Empower RF Systems is an IMAGE member and participates in E-Verify Details
Production Test Engineer
The Production Test Engineer will be hands-on technician, trainer and motivator in implementing daily and monthly test function schedule. Includes supervising Test Technicians.
- RF high-power solid-state amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS, AWR MWO and ADS, and using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high-power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Write test specifications and procedure as required. Specifications are normally outlined in ATP’s but may have to be modified to utilize equipment available and process standardization.
- Trouble-shoot, analyze, and repair failed units or returns from customers.
- Set-up and direct test personnel on in-process or final testing.
- Participate in the test and evaluation of prototype and pre-production with Engineering concurrence.
- Evaluate electrical requirements and recommend fixtures and test methods.
- Provide weekly reports as required.
- Use basic statistical tools, pareto charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining schedules, training employees, and quality of work.
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions, test department equipment and tool requirements.
- Requisition equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assume a broad leadership role, communicate goals, and develop technical strength of the team.
- BS Electronics/Electrical Engineering and five+ years of experience or equivalent experience/education.
- One+ years’ experience as a Lead / Team leader in an electronics manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of assembly drawings, parts lists, schematics, standard test procedures, wiring diagrams, electro-mechanical theory, RF test measurement instruments, etc.
- Must be capable of evaluating electrical requirements and recommending fixtures and test methods.
- Excellent communication skills.
RF Test Technician
Reporting to the Operations Manager and partnering closely with engineering teams, the RF Test Technician develops and performs test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. He/she supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team in providing testability planning, strategies and methodologies.
- Work closely with product and design engineering and operations to support product development.
- Specify and recommend test resources, processes, capabilities, and technology.
- Set-up test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products.
- Test, update and repair printed circuit board using test stations, soldering equipment and/or tools.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of RF components within manufacturing.
- Use basic statistical tools, compare to charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, trade school education, electronic certification or equivalent professional training with 3 years of experience in RF testing and basic manufacturing assembly skills.
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters called out by the specification.
- Must be capable of making complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Basic RF knowledge along with tuning/troubleshooting experience from 6GHz and below.
- Ability to debug circuits and systems.
- Hands-on experience with RF testing equipment including: Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Signal Generator, and Power Supply.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 standards and procedures.
- Comfortable working both independently and in team environments.
- Excellent communications skills; computer proficiency; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
The Electronic Assembler provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, power amplifier assembly techniques, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components. The Electronic Assembler makes electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; includes soldering, wiring, mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Work from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Perform various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Perform operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Work with hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Learn Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interface with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Assist in reviewing documentation: assembly prints; part lists; mechanical prints related to building / testing hardware.
- Required: Expertise in RF board and mechanical assembly as well as familiarity with RF Connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical parts.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English, perform basic math, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required, as is proficient use of hand tools, power tools and soldering irons.
- Bending, stooping and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 25 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Machine shop/mechanical backgrounds a plus.
- Must be able to work on prototype, engineering and production type hardware, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies
- Familiarity with manufacturing Quality and Inspection processes is a plus.
Labor Protection Polices