We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Senior PCB Designer
The Senior PCB Designer conceptualizes and designs layouts for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies for RF amplifiers and related equipment. He/she creates and documents cost-effective designs that are easy to produce in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with RF, Mechanical, and Digital Engineers to conceptualize and produce detailed PCB designs for RF amplifiers, digital circuits and the combination of RF and digital assemblies.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors, as well as with internal engineering and manufacturing departments as necessary to produce appropriate PCB designs.
- Creates new component library parts and symbols for PCB designs.
- Creates ECOs and performs sustaining engineering in support of current designs in production.
- Load Bills of Material for designs into the database in a timely manner.
- Prepares for and participates in design reviews.
- Implements DFM in conjunction with manufacturing engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in PCB Design is required, preferably in conjunction with RF design principles.
- Advanced understanding of CAD design tools, specifically Mentor PADS and its auto-routing utility.
- Ability to design multi-layer PCBs using simulation tools to phase-match and impedance control of high speed data.
- Experience and skill with design of multi-layer boards, combining high-power RF and digital control.
- Strong knowledge of RF design principles (layout, shielding, etc.) as it relates to mechanical packaging systems.
- Strong knowledge of electronic, electrical, and mechanical design techniques.
- Ability to give meaningful presentations to design teams.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Visio and Adobe software programs to a level of professional proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to communicate well in English cross-functionally in a professional manner.
Mechanical CAD / ECAD Designer
The Mechanical CAD Designer with ECAD experience assumes project responsibilities from concept to detailed finished product through the preparation of all engineering drawings, manufacturing layouts and documentation, and completes layouts for RF amplifiers and related equipment.
- Create mechanical and machined assemblies for RF amplifiers and related equipment using Solid-Works.
- Utilize drafting skills to prepare detailed drawings of sheet metal, chassis, machined assemblies, machined parts, castings and the generation of fabrication drawings, enclosure drawings, assembly drawings, silk screening, and drill mapping.
- Interfaces with internal Engineering and Manufacturing departments as necessary to create appropriate designs.
- Prepare supporting information by developing Bills of Materials; specification control drawings and engineering change notices. Modify drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes.
- Knowledge of military environmental standards and commercial best practices is a plus.
- File management for all drawings and documentation is required.
- Prepare for and participate in Design Reviews, productivity improvement and cost reductions programs.
- Create Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and support sustaining engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in Mechanical Design (MCAD and ECAD) and packaging of integrated assemblies as well as 3D modeling and photo-like drawings
- Knowledgeable in materials, finishes, fabrication techniques, dimensioning, ANSI tolerancing and industry standards.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design techniques. Microsoft Office suite proficiency required.
- Strong 3D CAD literacy and experience, preferably Solid Model Software Design 3D, 2D, Solid-Works preferred, Autodesk/AutoCAD Inventor or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret component datasheets, manufacturing and fabrication requirements, standards and guidelines as well as verbal direction.
- Implements Design for Manufacturability (DFM) in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills needed: must have the ability to communicate at all levels, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and maintain a positive customer service mentality.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, ability to handle high volume workload and changing priorities in a fast-paced department.
Electronic Assembler I
The Electronic Assembler properly joins together complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Assembly work includes sweat soldering, differential soldering, surface mount technology (SMT) and fine pitch component soldering, coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components.
- Works from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical /electrical assemblies.
- Performs operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned.
- Works with small hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Assists in reviewing documentation including assembly prints, part lists, and mechanical prints related to building and testing hardware.
- Two or more years of experience with assembling electrical and mechanical parts is required, including PCB. RF board and RF component experience is a plus.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 current certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, perform simple math, and comprehend instructions as needed.
- Ability to effectively use power and hand tools (soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) is required. Machine shop/mechanical background is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Ability to regularly lift and move units weighing 50 pounds.
- Capable of removing and installing SMT and through-hole components.
QA Receiving Inspector
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Assurance Receiving Inspector is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electro-mechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack mounted amplifier systems, and finished product inspection.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts / assemblies and drives corrective action with sub-tier suppliers. May prepare and create supplier scorecards, manage sub-tier supplier metrics, and support future dock-to-stock programs as defined by QA Manager.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting as directed by supervision.
- Manages external contract calibration service including monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on re-worked products and assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Reviews MSDS and shelf life information for purchased shelf life control items. Manages shelf life control procedures.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of incoming Quality Control experience, preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment.
- Must have understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical knowledge. Knowledge of advanced shop math is a must.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 certified trainer/technician or IPC-A-610 workmanship standards technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blue print and specification interpretation.
- Proficient in the use of all inspection hand gauges including micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD micrometers, bore gauges, etc.
Inventory Clerk I
Reporting to Stockroom Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk maintains stock and inventory levels within the Stockroom and Warehouse areas. He/she ensures materials are stored and identified correctly, issues material for jobs according to Job Traveler and/or Material Requisition Form, and moves material safely throughout the facility using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift. Maintains accurate records in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receive incoming items, log into company ERP system, and label / stock inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Fill kits, check part numbers, clean and pack inventory items.
- Inspect inventory for defects, scratches or other damage. Notify Manager of problems.
- Track all inventory in appropriate system.
- Organize and clean warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe stockroom and warehouse operations.
- Recommend process and procedure changes to Stockroom Supervisor to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP data system and perform various tasks within the system.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and reconciliation.
- Assist in day-to-day inventory discrepancies as well as monthly and year-end inventories.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- At least one year experience in Warehouse/Inventory, preferably in an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand throughout an 8 to 10 hour day, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Forklift operating experience (Forklift Certification a plus).
- Epicor / Vantage experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately find, count, bag, label and deliver small parts, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to operate computers and software programs, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Developer
The Senior Full-Stack Developer will design, develop and release to maintenance an Automated Test System for manufacture of amplifier modules and systems targeted to industrial and military markets. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and partnering closely with HW, SW and firmware engineers, the candidate will have a great opportunity to optimize the process to reduce human error in testing of mission-critical hardware. Key deliverable is implementation of SW architecture and related functionality that supports current and next generation product lines. The ideal candidate balances solid technical credentials in LAMP stack, has some experience with hardware, strong communication skills, and a demonstrated track record of results in building end-to-end systems.
- Develop ATE application that integrates with PXI testing equipment which includes application back-end server, no-sql db, web-server, set of RESTful APIs and web-based GUI.
- Apply knowledge of SOA to improve system architecture to be simple but scalable.
- Exhibit strong organizational and analytical skills to adapt in quickly-changing technical environment.
- Design, implement, and test the code through full system integration.
- Actively participate in software and digital hardware requirements definition.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, Operations Test Lead and test team on schedule and feature estimates in Jira.
- Hands-on bench testing and debugging of software / firmware on target hardware platform.
- Integrate HW feature test scripts and provide coaching to script developer on integration with ATE application back-end.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications end to end (front-end and back-end).
- Hands-on experience across entire LAMP stack or equivalent; experience working on all layers of application (from data modeling to server side).
- Fluency in Linux.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services and working in SOA.
- Experience with DevOps, build/deployment automation is desired. Embedded system experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, competitive individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to get things done in a small company team environment. Relentless learner and team player.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Desktop Support Technician
The Network Administrator will perform daily network administration tasks and work with the Sr. Network Administrator to maintain the viability of our network and server infrastructure and support end-users. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, competent professional who can support a wide range of IT Help Desk needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical support of all IT functions, including: setting up computers; installing software; trouble-shooting computer and laptop issues; configuring email on mobile devices; connecting / supporting audio-video equipment in conference rooms; setting up end-user desk phones; troubleshooting copier issues as needed; etc.
- Maintain proper documentation of IT activities.
- Work independently and with Sr. Network Administrator to evaluate and resolve computer and user problems, including compatibility conflicts and application operations.
- Experience in Active Directory Environment is mandatory to be successful in this position.
- Two to three years’ experience in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet browsers is required.
- Experience needed in desktop repair, laptop repair, racking network/server equipment, and neatly connecting network devices.
- Skill and experience required in software installs, virus and malware removal, networking, imaging hard drives, configuring email on mobile devices, connecting and supporting audio video equipment in conference rooms, and end-user desk phone setup and troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service, time management and conflict resolution skills are needed.
- Ability to lift or move material up to 35 lbs. a distance of several feet.
- Ability to read and understand written technical specifications for hardware and software products as related to IT Help Desk support needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken. Excellent typing skills is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and the ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.