We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Reasons to work for Empower RF Systems
High power, solid state RF is on the forefront of technology advancements in mission critical applications.
The team at Empower RF Systems is doing leading edge design work to enable the deployment of next generation power amplifiers and the embedded computing that’s integral to their performance advantages.
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or career advancement, you need to find out more about what we are doing and who we are hiring. We have immediate needs for qualified, high power RF engineers and technicians, and qualified test engineers - come join our team and jump to the leading edge of solid state, high power RF.
US Patent 8,736,365 B2
US Patent 9,093,731 B2
US Patent 9,007,125 B2
US Patent 11,115,121 B2
US Patent 20,200,366,258 A1
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates.
Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide.
We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Right to Work Statement
Empower RF Systems is an IMAGE member and participates in E-Verify Details
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes (including contract manufacturers), methods and controls; and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, creative thinker who can rally a team to meet deadlines and revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop and maintain production procedures to ensure high standard of manufacturing operations, product quality, reliability, cost control and safety. Perform process improvement and employee training.
- Develop and implement manufacturing methods and techniques, such as Lean, Kanban, 5S, and DFM and lead the waste reduction efforts in the Manufacturing area.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Engineering, Sales, Quality, Inventory Control and Production departments to ensure coordination of manufacturing activities and provide solutions to problems.
- Develop work center standards, manage job variances, and optimize production workflow to improve BOOs (bill of operations) costs.
- Perform source inspections (both metal and PCB); and vendor approval/qualifications.
- Manage Contract Manufacturing activities - process controls; kit delivery, supply chain, training, etc.
- Perform Capacity Requirements Planning by work center and test. Perform DFM and DFT for New Product design reviews.
- Help develop assembly instructions and time standards as required.
- Initiate actions to prevent any non-conformance, and document all activities as required.
- Prepare product and process reports by analyzing/summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Apply for this position
- Five years of experience as a Production Manager, Manufacturing Engineer or similar position. BSEE preferred.
- Knowledge of RF products is a plus, but electronic manufacturing experience is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and IPC class 3 soldering process and techniques is required.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication, assembly process, machine shop and sheet metal forming is required.
- Ability to read and understand technical and non-technical documents as they relate to contracts, product design and manufacture.
- Effectively interface in English with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Broad ranging and effective PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be familiar with ERP systems, shop floor and statistical process control, work order modules, and capacity planning.
- Preferred experience: with Vantage; Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma; light fixturing and prototype capability.
Senior PCB Designer
The Senior PCB Designer conceptualizes and designs layouts for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies for RF amplifiers and related equipment. He/she creates and documents cost-effective designs that are easy to produce in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with RF, Mechanical, and Digital Engineers to conceptualize and produce detailed PCB designs for RF amplifiers, digital circuits and the combination of RF and digital assemblies.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors, as well as with internal engineering and manufacturing departments as necessary to produce appropriate PCB designs.
- Creates new component library parts and symbols for PCB designs.
- Creates ECOs and performs sustaining engineering in support of current designs in production.
- Load Bills of Material for designs into the database in a timely manner.
- Prepares for and participates in design reviews.
- Implements DFM in conjunction with manufacturing engineering.
Apply for this position
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in PCB Design is required, preferably in conjunction with RF design principles.
- Advanced understanding of CAD design tools, specifically Mentor PADS and its auto-routing utility.
- Ability to design multi-layer PCBs using simulation tools to phase-match and impedance control of high speed data.
- Experience and skill with design of multi-layer boards, combining high-power RF and digital control.
- Strong knowledge of RF design principles (layout, shielding, etc.) as it relates to mechanical packaging systems.
- Strong knowledge of electronic, electrical, and mechanical design techniques.
- Ability to give meaningful presentations to design teams.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Visio and Adobe software programs to a level of professional proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to communicate well in English cross-functionally in a professional manner.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure RF power amplifier complex box build (2U, 3U, 5U) assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, power amplifier complex box build (2U,3U,5U) assembly techniques, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components. The Electro-Mechanical Assembler makes electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; wiring, and electro-mechanical assembly and soldering is a plus.
- Work from production assembly instructions, wire lists, block diagrams, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Perform various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Perform operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Work with hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Learn Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interface with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Assist in reviewing documentation: assembly prints; part lists; mechanical prints related to building / testing hardware.
Apply for this position
- A large plus to have experience in RF board and mechanical box assembly as well as familiarity with RF Connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical box Units.
- Also, a big plus to have previous training in IPC-A-610/620 CIS certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English, perform basic math, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly drawings, parts list (BOM), wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required, as is proficient use of hand tools, power tools and soldering irons.
- Bending, stooping, and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 30-50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Familiarity with Quality manufacturing Inspection processes. Reading E-Drawings is a plus.