We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Senior PCB Designer
The Senior PCB Designer independently designs and conceptualizes layouts for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies for RF amplifiers and related equipment. Creates and documents designs that are cost-effective and easy to produce in a timely manner.
- Independently conceptualizes and produces detailed PCB designs for RF amplifiers, racks, enclosures, and drawings for PCB fabrication, top assemblies and BOMs associated with the design.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors, as well as with internal engineering and manufacturing departments as necessary to produce appropriate DFM, DFA, DFT, PCB designs.
- Creates new component library parts, footprints and symbols for PCB designs. Define board stack-ups, substrate materials and finishes.
- Creates ECOs and supports sustaining engineering of current designs in production.
- Directs and participates in producing and updating Bills of Material for designs and coordinates with Operations to ensure schedules are met.
- Prepares for and participates in design reviews.
- Proficient with: multilayer high-speed digital with controlled impedances and differential pairs (BGA fan-outs); hybrid materials and mixed technologies -- analog, digital, power supply, RF microwave including Micro-strip / stripline and matched impedance.
- Performs signal integrity analysis and simulation; Board level thermal optimization and simulation; and Board level EMI and shielding techniques.
- Familiar with Auto router setup and execution, net class rules, DRC rules and settings.
- Experience with IPC-series and Military standards. Adheres to company design standards and is able to influence and contribute to writing internal design processes to support continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology, and 5+ years of experience is required, or an Associate Degree with 6-9 years of equivalent experience. C.I.D. or C.I.D+ certification is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to professionally communicate to successfully influence cross-functional peers and management.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Visio and Adobe software programs to a professional level of proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems of a complex nature quickly and independently.
- Ability to give meaningful instruction and presentations to design teams.
- Strong knowledge of RF principles (layout, shielding, etc.) as it relates to mechanical packaging systems.
- Strong knowledge of electronic, electrical, and mechanical design techniques.
- Advanced understanding of CAD design tools (Mentor Graphics PADS 9.5 ,PADS VX, AutoCAD, Solidworks).
- Implements DFM in conjunction with contract manufacturers and manufacturing engineering.
Electronic Assembler I
The Electronic Assembler properly joins together complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Assembly work includes sweat soldering, differential soldering, surface mount technology (SMT) and fine pitch component soldering, coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components.
- Works from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical /electrical assemblies.
- Performs operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned.
- Works with small hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Assists in reviewing documentation including assembly prints, part lists, and mechanical prints related to building and testing hardware.
- Two or more years of experience with assembling electrical and mechanical parts is required, including PCB. RF board and RF component experience is a plus.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 current certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, perform simple math, and comprehend instructions as needed.
- Ability to effectively use power and hand tools (soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) is required. Machine shop/mechanical background is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Ability to regularly lift and move units weighing 50 pounds.
- Capable of removing and installing SMT and through-hole components.
QA Receiving Inspector
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Assurance Receiving Inspector is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electro-mechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack mounted amplifier systems, and finished product inspection.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts / assemblies and drives corrective action with sub-tier suppliers. May prepare and create supplier scorecards, manage sub-tier supplier metrics, and support future dock-to-stock programs as defined by QA Manager.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting as directed by supervision.
- Manages external contract calibration service including monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on re-worked products and assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Reviews MSDS and shelf life information for purchased shelf life control items. Manages shelf life control procedures.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of incoming Quality Control experience, preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment. Opens a New Window.
- Must have understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical knowledge. Knowledge of advanced shop math is a must.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 certified trainer/technician or IPC-A-610 workmanship standards technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blue print and specification interpretation.
- Proficient in the use of all inspection hand gauges including micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD micrometers, bore gauges, etc.