We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Reasons to work for Empower RF Systems
High power, solid state RF is on the forefront of technology advancements in mission critical applications.
The team at Empower RF Systems is doing leading edge design work to enable the deployment of next generation power amplifiers and the embedded computing that’s integral to their performance advantages.
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or career advancement, you need to find out more about what we are doing and who we are hiring. We have immediate needs for qualified, high power RF engineers and technicians, and qualified test engineers - come join our team and jump to the leading edge of solid state, high power RF.
US Patent 8,736,365 B2
US Patent 9,093,731 B2
US Patent 9,007,125 B2
US Patent 11,115,121 B2
US Patent 20,200,366,258 A1
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates.
Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide.
We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Right to Work Statement
Empower RF Systems is an IMAGE member and participates in E-Verify Details
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes (including contract manufacturers), methods and controls; and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, creative thinker who can rally a team to meet deadlines and revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop and maintain production procedures to ensure high standard of manufacturing operations, product quality, reliability, cost control and safety. Perform process improvement and employee training.
- Develop and implement manufacturing methods and techniques, such as Lean, Kanban, 5S, and DFM and lead the waste reduction efforts in the Manufacturing area.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Engineering, Sales, Quality, Inventory Control and Production departments to ensure coordination of manufacturing activities and provide solutions to problems.
- Develop work center standards, manage job variances, and optimize production workflow to improve BOOs (bill of operations) costs.
- Perform source inspections (both metal and PCB); and vendor approval/qualifications.
- Manage Contract Manufacturing activities - process controls; kit delivery, supply chain, training, etc.
- Perform Capacity Requirements Planning by work center and test. Perform DFM and DFT for New Product design reviews.
- Help develop assembly instructions and time standards as required.
- Initiate actions to prevent any non-conformance, and document all activities as required.
- Prepare product and process reports by analyzing/summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Apply for this position
- Five years of experience as a Production Manager, Manufacturing Engineer or similar position. BSEE preferred.
- Knowledge of RF products is a plus, but electronic manufacturing experience is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and IPC class 3 soldering process and techniques is required.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication, assembly process, machine shop and sheet metal forming is required.
- Ability to read and understand technical and non-technical documents as they relate to contracts, product design and manufacture.
- Effectively interface in English with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Broad ranging and effective PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be familiar with ERP systems, shop floor and statistical process control, work order modules, and capacity planning.
- Preferred experience: with Vantage; Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma; light fixturing and prototype capability.
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) will manage the Quality Assurance Department and will plan, direct and monitor the Quality Assurance Program in accordance with company requirements and current regulations. Includes supervising; performing statistical analyses, tests, audits, and inspections; taking preventive and corrective measures; interfacing with customers; and maintaining records to ensure compliance and the high quality of our products.
- Define, set, and manage product quality goals and plans. Perform Quality audits for suppliers.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Ensure the company is prepared for internal, external, and/or customer audits and inspections.
- Function as main contact for customers regarding quality issues. Work closely with customer Inspectors/Engineers.
- Oversee document control and ensure the calibration system is current and maintained.
- Prioritize department work duties. Manage, develop, and train department staff.
- Work closely with manufacturing department on in-process and final quality control inspection activities.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, costs and the development of new products.
- Manage and track non-conformance, corrective and preventive actions.
- Document existing and new QA processes, including RMA.
- Lead training and annual re-certification, including ISO 9001.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
Apply for this position
- Five+ years of quality experience in the manufacturing arena with at least 3 years in management is required.
- BA/ BSc/ BSEE or other related degree is required. Electronic and RF experience is strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of QA standards, methodologies, data analysis, etc. and excellent numerical skills.
- Solid working knowledge of ISO-9001 requirements. Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret specifications, blueprints, and manufacturing outlines. Must also be able to use inspection tools required to verify parts to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and work well in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, database management, spreadsheets, statistical software) required.
- Ability to keep accurate and timely records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
Quality Assurance Inspector
Reporting to the Manager of Quality, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack mounted amplifier systems.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts / assemblies and drives corrective action with sub-tier suppliers. May prepare and create supplier scorecards, manage sub-tier supplier metrics, and support future dock-to-stock programs as defined by QA Mgr.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting as directed by supervision.
- Manages external contract calibration service including monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on reworked products and assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Reviews MSDS and shelf-life information for purchased shelf-life control items. Manages shelf-life control procedures.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
Apply for this position
- Minimum of 4 years of incoming Quality Control experience, preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment.
- Must have a good understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of advanced shop math is a must.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 or IPC-A-610 certified trainer/technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blueprint and specification interpretation.
- Proficient in the use of all inspection hand gauges including micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD micrometers, bore gauges, etc.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure RF power amplifier complex box build (2U, 3U, 5U) assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, power amplifier complex box build (2U,3U,5U) assembly techniques, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF-related passive components. The Electro-Mechanical Assembler makes electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; wiring, and electro-mechanical assembly and soldering is a plus.
- Work from production assembly instructions, wire lists, block diagrams, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Perform various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Perform operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Work with hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Learn Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interface with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Assist in reviewing documentation: assembly prints; part lists; mechanical prints related to building / testing hardware.
Apply for this position
- A large plus to have experience in RF board and mechanical box assembly as well as familiarity with RF Connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical box Units.
- Also, a big plus to have previous training in IPC-A-610/620 CIS certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English, perform basic math, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly drawings, parts list (BOM), wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Understanding of part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required, as is proficient use of hand tools, power tools and soldering irons.
- Bending, stooping, and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 30-50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Familiarity with Quality manufacturing Inspection processes. Reading E-Drawings is a plus.