We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) works closely with internal teams to devise and implement procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests; audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Recommends and supports process improvements and provides inputs and support for vendor evaluations. Ensures that corrective measures meet reliability standards and that documentation is compliant. Interfaces with customers and government agencies.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure the final product meets product design requirements and support the development of new products.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Determine root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and test, provide failure analysis report as required.
- Manage/communicate technical product changes to Operations including ECO, MCO, waivers, deviations, etc.
- Define, set and manage product quality goals and plans.
- Drive Lean and Six Sigma process and methodologies with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Manage and drive closure of external customer complaints and corrective actions (CA) with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Responsible for managing and driving low cost processes.
- Document existing and new quality assurance processes, lead training and ISO certification.
- Develop and implement QA test and perform statistical analysis for development & production programs.
- Initiate and sustain MRB (Material Review Board) process in support of appropriate product disposition.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
- Assist with internal auditing and perform Quality audits for established and new suppliers.
- Quality Engineering degree or equivalent degree required. Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in process and product engineering role within electronic manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry related journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, etc.
- RF experience is preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Experience with MS Office products required, experience with a statistical software package is a plus.
Firmware Engineer / FPGA Developer
This is a technical position reporting to the CTO with a supporting role within the Engineering Department. Primary focus is on the amplifier’s digital control board based on Xilinx ZYNQ architecture.
The position requires hands-on bench testing and debugging of digital hardware, interfacing with customers during design reviews and system tests and working with vendors to explain special requirements and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to vendor-supplied material.
- Actively participate in HW/FW and software requirements documentation and ICD
- Design high speed LVDS bus.
- Design and implement firmware components to meet design requirements
- Create basic firmware architecture and write code for individual components using commonly used embedded system design languages Verilog or VHDL, as well as tools such as Vivado and ISE
- Capacity to design and implement multilane distributed architecture
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience of FPGA design and applications
- Knowledge of embedded systems design, embedded processing and processor interfaces
- Familiarity with MicroBlaze and PicoBlaze softcore processors, as well as ARM architecture
- Experience with DSP algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with Control Theory design and implementation (such as PID loops)
- Experience with high-speed AD/DA conversion design and implementation of LVDS interface at HW/FW level
- Experience with system integration of high speed FPGA design with supervisory CPU and other devices
- FPGA integration, verification, debugging and validation
- Experience interfacing with common hardware devices such as ADC, DAC, EEPROM, Boot Flash, etc.
- Proficient in using various electronic test / measuring equipment including: Digital Multi-meter, Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzer
- Familiarity with some of the following bus systems and related protocols is preferred: serial (RS485/422/232), LVDS, SPI, I2C
- Analog and digital electronics circuit knowledge required and hardware design experience
- Multilane/Pipelined distributed architecture to process high speed data acquisition
RF Sales Account Executive
This sales and leadership position is focused on driving business growth and results from our key markets of EW (Electronic Warfare), Communications, Radar, and Test & Measurement. The RF Sales Account Executive has a technical background, strong credentials and contacts in OEM’s and Agencies, and a demonstrated track record of partnering, team building, and strategic selling.
- Execute a sales plan and lead by example in implementing strategies to close orders and grow our power amplifier business.
- Build a strong presence for Empower RF Systems at targeted OEM and Agency locations and across key markets.
- Leverage industry contacts and previously-developed account coaches to generate and close new business opportunities.
- Build a sales funnel for developing new business and mapping key opportunities at targeted OEM’s and Agencies.
- Work collaboratively with product engineers, FAE’s, business development, and inside Sales support team.
- Represent the Company with key customers by leading, as appropriate, contract negotiations and strategic engagements.
- Participate in industry or trade associations as a representative of Empower RF Systems.
- Provide accurate and timely reports, forecasts, and budget detail to management.
- BSEE or other BS degree, or equivalent RF industry experience.
- 10+ years of successful experience in strategic account sales of complex RF products and sub-systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical aspects of amplifier design as related to sales opportunities and contracts.
- Confident presenter with strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated – competitive and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Record of achieving sales results; strong network of relevant contacts at OEM’s and Agencies.
- Demonstrated skills and references as both a team builder and customer advocate inside the organization.
Technical Sales Representative
The Technical Sales Representative is a key member of the Headquarters Sales Team with responsibilities for pre and post order support, customer service and technical problem resolution, and integrated sales efforts with third party reps and direct sales managers to close orders. Measures, metrics, and compensation are ultimately tied to sales team performance in meeting the Company’s orders growth and customer satisfaction targets.
- Customer-facing resource for initial screening and handling of phone and e-mail inquiries.
- Accurate and timely responses to inquiries, questions, and customer escalations.
- Maintain ongoing and accurate funnel of quotes and order status - stay connected with key sales personnel in the field and key customer contacts at designated top accounts.
- Accountable for results as a member of the Sales Team for territory specific or market specific orders and assistance with identification and closure of opportunities.
- Provide initial technical screening, generate quotes, enter orders, and work with sales management to organize sales-to-engineering “hand off” on new development contracts as they are received.
- Stay informed on competitive products and technologies.
- 3+ years of sales experience. Positions of responsibility in the US Military are an attractive alternative.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Possess a solid understanding of the sales process from prospecting to closing, to entering complete data, to providing excellent post sale follow-up.
- Experience with manufacturers’ reps, channel partners and distribution partner(s).
- Experience with or ability to understand our high power amplifier product line and end use markets/applications.
- Ability to interact with an array of technical and business resources to solve problems and close action items tied to customer pre and post sales situations.
- Experience with Epicor Vantage, Salesforce.com or similar CRM system is preferred.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work successfully independently and in a team environment.
- RF power amplifiers experience is a plus.
The Engineering Buyer is responsible for the planning, organizing and procurement of materials and services with every aspect of supply chain management in a manufacturing environment. Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management of electronic industry suppliers, including metal fabrication, printed circuit boards, and related components.
- Work pro-actively, on a daily basis, with the manufacturing supervisors, engineering, and other departments to ensure schedules are maintained and material is readily available.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies as defined by the officers of the company.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers. Visits vendors when required.
- Tactical sourcing of materials and services for offsite manufacturing involved in turnkey services.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and work with components suppliers on EOL of their product.
- Plan and procure materials in support of manufacturing cells and site requirements.
- Establish and perform planning database maintenance in order to minimize inventory investments and load. For example: order quantities; lead times; order policies; shrink factors; buyer/planner data fields; etc.
- Participate in cost reductions and productivity improvement programs.
- Process disposition or material rejects and obsolete materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Work with QA to provide feedback to suppliers on their quality, and with Ops on delivery and cost reduction performance against standards.
- Work with Engineering to develop new vendors and minimize development time of new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred. May be offset by tenure, term, working knowledge, etc.
- Experienced in procurement of metal fabrications; candidate understands basic principles of machine work and can interpret mechanical drawings and interface with suppliers to understand capabilities to determine best fit for products and services to be performed in order to gain optimal pricing.
- Experienced in procurement of PCB fabrications, electronic components, and firsthand experience with procurement of electronic assemblies.
- Knowledgeable in contract manufacturing as it relates to supplier interactions during procurement and production phases; basic understanding of printed circuit board fabrication and electronic assembly; ability to interpret PCB fabrication and assembly drawings as it relates to procurement activities and supplier management.