We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Reasons to work for Empower RF Systems
High power, solid state RF is on the forefront of technology advancements in mission critical applications.
The team at Empower RF Systems is doing leading edge design work to enable the deployment of next generation power amplifiers and the embedded computing that’s integral to their performance advantages.
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or career advancement, you need to find out more about what we are doing and who we are hiring. We have immediate needs for qualified, high power RF engineers and technicians, and qualified test engineers - come join our team and jump to the leading edge of solid state, high power RF.
US Patent 8,736,365 B2
US Patent 9,093,731 B2
US Patent 9,007,125 B2
US Patent 11,115,121 B2
US Patent 20,200,366,258 A1
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates.
Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide.
We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Right to Work Statement
Empower RF Systems is an IMAGE member and participates in E-Verify Details
RF Microwave Engineer
The RF Microwave Engineer reports to the CTO and plays a main role in the activities of the Engineering Department. The incumbent will simulate, design and prepare the schematic of high-power solid-state amplifiers and systems and will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- RF High Power Solid-State Amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS and ADS.
- High Power amplifier design using LDMOS and GaN devices.
- Identification of new technologies and design to achieve higher efficiency and lower cost.
- Amplifier characterization under high power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Assist Quality and Reliability in defining and executing reliability testing and product qualification.
- Implement and maintain design control procedures.
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases.
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products.
- Must be able to independently design and study product objectives for RF amplifiers and system.s
- Support production and sales as required.
- Responsible for the management of his/her designs and assure workflow hand-offs to various people and departments.
Apply for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science/Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience. MS is a plus.
- 5+ years of direct experience in complex technical activities, product engineering, R & D, or design engineering.
- Ability to interface with the customer, as well as manufacturing, test, and technical subcontract technical personnel.
- Experience in the use of RF/microwave measurement instruments such as Signal Analyzer and Spectrum Analyzer, Agilent Network Analyzer, Agilent Vector Signal Analyzer, and various signal generators, waveform generation.
- Knowledge of device and device technology. Skilled in the design, validation, and characterization of analog circuits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidates must be flexible, motivated team players who are able to effectively prioritize tasks and communicate issues.
- Knowledge of modern digital communication technologies and standards including CDMA, GPSM, TDMA, MSR, OFDM.
The Systems Engineer – a key player in the Engineering Department -- is responsible for working with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Sr. Systems Engineer in assessing systems designs, determining problems, providing hands-on solutions to issues that arise, upgrading systems, maintaining systems and brainstorming possible improvements to optimize a system in the future. The Systems Engineer oversees the process from conception – through design, production and operations – to shipment and end of life.
- Support system requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability, to translate customer requirements into systems requirements, and further allocate to lower-level requirements.
- Perform functional analysis and systems trade studies for technical solutions with respect to concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Assist with the generation of well-defined design documents, interface documents, and test and verification documents that comply with customer system requirements.
- Solve technical problems independently with minimal supervision. Train engineers as needed.
- Support system/subsystems integration, test, and requirements verification activities.
- Support system technical performance measurement definition and tracking.
- Support the preparation of system engineering materials during Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, System Verification Review, Test Readiness Review, and other program reviews as needed.
- Interface with inter-organizational management and external Customer to communicate technical briefing and program status.
- Support Program Management activities to ensure adherence to cost and schedule objectives.
Apply for this position
- Bachelor of Science in an Electrical Engineering discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of systems engineering experience in an RF/microwave manufacturing facility are required.
- Good knowledge of hardware digital circuits including FPGAs, DACs, ADCs, etc. and their relation to RF/microwave systems is needed.
- Experience working with high-power amplifiers is a must.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes (including contract manufacturers), methods and controls; and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, creative thinker who can rally a team to meet deadlines and revenue goals.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop and maintain production procedures to ensure high standard of manufacturing operations, product quality, reliability, cost control and safety. Perform process improvement and employee training.
- Develop and implement manufacturing methods and techniques, such as Lean, Kanban, 5S, and DFM and lead the waste reduction efforts in the Manufacturing area.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Engineering, Sales, Quality, Inventory Control and Production departments to ensure coordination of manufacturing activities and provide solutions to problems.
- Develop work center standards, manage job variances, and optimize production workflow to improve BOOs (bill of operations) costs.
Perform source inspections (both metal and PCB); and vendor approval/qualifications.
- Manage Contract Manufacturing activities - process controls; kit delivery, supply chain, training, etc.
- Perform Capacity Requirements Planning by work center and test. Perform DFM and DFT for New Product design reviews.
- Help develop assembly instructions and time standards as required.
- Initiate actions to prevent any non-conformance, and document all activities as required.
- Prepare product and process reports by analyzing/summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Apply for this position
- Five years of experience as a Production Manager, Manufacturing Engineer or similar position. BSEE preferred.
- Knowledge of RF products is a plus, but electronic manufacturing experience is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and IPC class 3 soldering process and techniques is required.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication, assembly process, machine shop and sheet metal forming is required.
- Ability to read and understand technical and non-technical documents as they relate to contracts, product design and manufacture. Effectively interface in English with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Broad ranging and effective PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be familiar with ERP systems; shop floor and statistical process control; work order modules; and capacity planning.
- Preferred experience: with Vantage; Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma; light fixturing and prototype capability.
RF Test Technician
Reporting to the Operations Manager and partnering closely with engineering teams, the RF Test Technician develops and performs test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. He/she supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team in providing testability planning, strategies and methodologies.
- Work closely with product and design engineering and operations to support product development.
- Specify and recommend test resources, processes, capabilities, and technology.
- Set-up test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products.
- Test, update and repair printed circuit board using test stations, soldering equipment and/or tools.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of RF components within manufacturing.
- Use basic statistical tools, compare to charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
Apply for this position
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, trade school education, electronic certification or equivalent professional training with 3 years of experience in RF testing and basic manufacturing assembly skills.
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters called out by the specification.
- Must be capable of making complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Basic RF knowledge along with tuning/troubleshooting experience from 6GHz and below.
- Ability to debug circuits and systems.
- Hands-on experience with RF testing equipment including: Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Signal Generator, and Power Supply.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 standards and procedures.
- Comfortable working both independently and in team environments.
- Excellent communications skills; computer proficiency; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection. The QA Inspector also functions as a back-up to Senior QA Inspector in ensuring that outgoing amplifier systems and modules meet customer, EIA/IPC and Empower’s workmanship requirements.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electro-mechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack-mounted amplifier systems.
- Identifies and uses optimum inspection tools/methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process.
- Identifies discrepant parts and assemblies.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on reworked products and assemblies to ensure compliance.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
- Defines acceptance criteria to production associates.
- Identifies product or part non-conformances and secures corrective actions to meet standards.
- Executes and prepares all essential customer acceptance documentation.
- Conducts random “perfect system” audits at various levels of assembly.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Apply for this position
- Minimum of 4 years Quality Control experience; prior experience in a mil-spec aerospace environment as a functioning QA incoming inspector preferred.
- Must have good understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- Requires specific, thorough knowledge of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical background.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and assembly drawings.
- Working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques and Zero acceptance lot sampling is required.
- J-STD-001 certified trainer/technician or IPC-A-610 workmanship standards technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access proficiency is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and reliable, with excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.