We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) works closely with internal teams to devise and implement procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests; audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Recommends and supports process improvements and provides inputs and support for vendor evaluations. Ensures that corrective measures meet reliability standards and that documentation is compliant. Interfaces with customers and government agencies.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure the final product meets product design requirements and support the development of new products.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Determine root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and test, provide failure analysis report as required.
- Manage/communicate technical product changes to Operations including ECO, MCO, waivers, deviations, etc.
- Define, set and manage product quality goals and plans.
- Drive Lean and Six Sigma process and methodologies with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Manage and drive closure of external customer complaints and corrective actions (CA) with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Responsible for managing and driving low cost processes.
- Document existing and new quality assurance processes, lead training and ISO certification.
- Develop and implement QA test and perform statistical analysis for development & production programs.
- Initiate and sustain MRB (Material Review Board) process in support of appropriate product disposition.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
- Assist with internal auditing and perform Quality audits for established and new suppliers.
- Quality Engineering degree or equivalent degree required. Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in process and product engineering role within electronic manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry related journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, etc.
- RF experience is preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Experience with MS Office products required, experience with a statistical software package is a plus.
Firmware Engineer / FPGA Developer
This is a technical position reporting to the CTO with a supporting role within the Engineering Department. Primary focus is on the amplifier’s digital control board based on Xilinx ZYNQ architecture.
The position requires hands-on bench testing and debugging of digital hardware, interfacing with customers during design reviews and system tests and working with vendors to explain special requirements and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to vendor-supplied material.
- Actively participate in HW/FW and software requirements documentation and ICD
- Design high speed LVDS bus.
- Design and implement firmware components to meet design requirements
- Create basic firmware architecture and write code for individual components using commonly used embedded system design languages Verilog or VHDL, as well as tools such as Vivado and ISE
- Capacity to design and implement multilane distributed architecture
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience of FPGA design and applications
- Knowledge of embedded systems design, embedded processing and processor interfaces
- Familiarity with MicroBlaze and PicoBlaze softcore processors, as well as ARM architecture
- Experience with DSP algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with Control Theory design and implementation (such as PID loops)
- Experience with high-speed AD/DA conversion design and implementation of LVDS interface at HW/FW level
- Experience with system integration of high speed FPGA design with supervisory CPU and other devices
- FPGA integration, verification, debugging and validation
- Experience interfacing with common hardware devices such as ADC, DAC, EEPROM, Boot Flash, etc.
- Proficient in using various electronic test / measuring equipment including: Digital Multi-meter, Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzer
- Familiarity with some of the following bus systems and related protocols is preferred: serial (RS485/422/232), LVDS, SPI, I2C
- Analog and digital electronics circuit knowledge required and hardware design experience
- Multilane/Pipelined distributed architecture to process high speed data acquisition
The Engineering Buyer is responsible for the planning, organizing and procurement of materials and services with every aspect of supply chain management in a manufacturing environment. Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management of electronic industry suppliers, including metal fabrication, printed circuit boards, and related components.
- Work pro-actively, on a daily basis, with the manufacturing supervisors, engineering, and other departments to ensure schedules are maintained and material is readily available.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies as defined by the officers of the company.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers. Visits vendors when required.
- Tactical sourcing of materials and services for offsite manufacturing involved in turnkey services.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and work with components suppliers on EOL of their product.
- Plan and procure materials in support of manufacturing cells and site requirements.
- Establish and perform planning database maintenance in order to minimize inventory investments and load. For example: order quantities; lead times; order policies; shrink factors; buyer/planner data fields; etc.
- Participate in cost reductions and productivity improvement programs.
- Process disposition or material rejects and obsolete materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Work with QA to provide feedback to suppliers on their quality, and with Ops on delivery and cost reduction performance against standards.
- Work with Engineering to develop new vendors and minimize development time of new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred. May be offset by tenure, term, working knowledge, etc.
- Experienced in procurement of metal fabrications; candidate understands basic principles of machine work and can interpret mechanical drawings and interface with suppliers to understand capabilities to determine best fit for products and services to be performed in order to gain optimal pricing.
- Experienced in procurement of PCB fabrications, electronic components, and firsthand experience with procurement of electronic assemblies.
- Knowledgeable in contract manufacturing as it relates to supplier interactions during procurement and production phases; basic understanding of printed circuit board fabrication and electronic assembly; ability to interpret PCB fabrication and assembly drawings as it relates to procurement activities and supplier management.
Electronic Assembler I
The Electronic Assembler in Top Level Assembly (TLA) provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, assembly techniques especially power amplifiers, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF related passive components. The Electronic Assembler makes all electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; includes soldering, wiring, mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Works from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Performs various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Performs operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible to keep clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Works with small hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Will be required to learn existing Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interfaces with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Expertise in RF board and mechanical assembly required.
- Familiarity with RF connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical parts.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write Basic English, perform basic math, comprehend instructions, and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understand part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required. Bending, stooping and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 35 pounds from floor to bench using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Position requires proficient and safe use of hand tools, power tools, and soldering irons in order to complete product of good quality.
- Machine shop/mechanical backgrounds a plus.
- Must be able to work on prototype, engineering and production type hardware, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with manufacturing Quality and Inspection processes.
If you are a thorough and successful Electronic Assembler, especially one with power amplifier experience, Empower RF Systems is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, etc.Apply for this position
RF Test Technician I
Reporting to the Production Test Manager and partnering closely with engineering teams, the RF Test Technician is responsible for developing and performing test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. He/she supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team to provide testability planning, strategies and methodologies.
- Work closely with product engineering, design engineering and operations to support product development and manufacturing.
- Specify and recommend test resources, processes, capabilities, and technology.
- Set-up test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products.
- Test, update and repair PC circuit board using test stations and soldering equipment and/or tools.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of RF components within manufacturing.
- Use basic statistical tools, compare to charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, trade school education, electronic certification or equivalent professional training with 3 years of experience in RF testing and basic manufacturing assembly skills.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of electrical test instrument used in the testing of RF amplifiers.
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters called out by the specification.
- Must be capable of making complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Experience in RF circuit test in the 1MHz to 6GHz frequency range.
- Ability to debug circuits and systems.
- Hands-on experience with RF equipment including: Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Signal Generator, and Power Supply.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 standards and procedures.
- Excellent communications skills; computer proficiency; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
Quality Assurance Inspector - Receiving
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Assurance Inspector - Receiving is responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials, in-process inspection and finished product inspection.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, amplifier modules, and systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules and rack mounted amplifier systems, and finished product inspection.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts and assemblies and drives corrective action with sub tier suppliers. May prepare and create supplier scorecards, manage sub tier supplier metrics, and support future dock-to-stock programs as defined by the QA manager.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting as directed by supervision.
- Manages external contract calibration service including monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on reworked products and assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis, in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3 inspection requirements.
- Reviews MSDS and shelf life information for purchased shelf life control items. Manages shelf life control procedures.
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of incoming Quality Control experience, preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment.
- Must have understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical knowledge. Knowledge of advanced shop math is a must.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 certified trainer/technician or IPC-A-610 workmanship standards technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blue print and specification interpretation.
Inventory Clerk I
Reporting to the Stockroom Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk maintains stock and inventory levels within the Stockroom and Warehouse areas. He/she ensures materials are stored and identified correctly, issues material for jobs according to Job Traveler and/or Material Requisition Form, and if necessary moves material safely throughout the facility using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift. Maintains accurate records in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receive incoming inventory & supply items, log into company ERP system, and label and stock inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Fill kits, check part numbers, clean and pack inventory items.
- Inspect inventory for defects, scratches or other damage. Notify Manager of problems.
- Follow all company safety and accident procedures while on company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Track all inventory in appropriate system.
- Organize and clean warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe stockroom operations.
- Recommend process and procedure changes to Stockroom Supervisor to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP data system and perform various tasks within the system.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and reconciliation.
- Assist in day-to-day inventory discrepancies as well as monthly inventories.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- At least one year experience in Warehouse/Inventory, preferably in an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand throughout an 8 to 10 hour day, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Forklift operating experience (Forklift Certification a plus).
- Epicor / Vantage experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately find, count, bag, label and deliver small parts, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to operate personal computers and software programs, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.