About Empower RF Systems-Amplifier Manufacturer
Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems is a global leader in power amplifier solutions that are critical to defense, commercial, and industrial market applications.
With our origins in the design of broadband and band-specific solid state power amplifiers, Empower continues to advance the science of RF power amplification to produce rugged, power efficient, and cost-effective solutions. It is our priority to design and deliver high quality, innovative products which address customer systems and business requirements.
Operating globally and continuing to expand our technology resources, Empower RF has been awarded patents on amplifier design techniques and assembly methods. Our customer base includes market leading OEMs, government agencies, and academic institutions with an array of demanding performance requirements.
Empower RF currently has two fully equipped R&D facilities, in-house manufacturing capabilities, and CM partnerships to handle both small and large scale requirements. The company is ITAR registered and ISO certified. In addition to our Inglewood, California facility, the company has a fully equipped design center in Holbrook, New York and additional design / manufacturing partnerships in the US and South Korea.
Empower is currently supporting contracts that range from engineering prototypes and low to medium volumes to production programs with much higher run rates. The specific arrangements for build and test support vary depending on the job, but in all cases, final QA and product certification occurs in Inglewood.
Company's evolution and today's value proposition is built on:
- Mature, building block technology for modules, rack mount amplifiers, and multi-function, PA integrated solutions up to 6 GHz. Configurable and scalable output power combinations from hundreds of watts up to multi-kW’s.
- Library of proven, tested and fielded power amplifier designs using an array of power semiconductor technologies - demonstrated breadth of circuit and device modeling expertise.
- Expanded team of knowledgeable and experienced power amplifier designers - credentialed engineers with industry recognition and approved patents in product applications including complex digital waveforms, digital modulations, Gaussian and broadband jamming techniques.
- Experienced software and firmware design team managing the development of digital control circuitry, microprocessor controls, status, monitoring, user interfaces, SPI, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet TCP/IP and Web Based SMTP protocols.
- Expanded footprint of key customer engagements and focused attention on key markets. Investments in a strong channel partner network and global inventory program to ensure COTS product availability and outstanding customer support.
Executive Interview by Microwave Journal
In this Microwave Journal Interview Jon Jacocks, president and CEO of Empower RF Systems, talks about trends in high power amplifiers and how they are evolving. The complete interview was published in December 2017 issue of Microwave Journal.