Press Releases & Publications
Back to Media Presence
1 to 2.5 GHz 2 kW HPA [ October 2015 ]
SKU 2180: 1 to 2.5 GHz, 2 kW HPA in 8U chassis
Empower RF is pleased to announce it is it is shipping another new, industry leading RF amplifier system that complements the frequency coverage and power level "footprint" of our next generation, high power PA product family. Model 2180, covering 1 to 2.5 GHz and delivering an unprecedented 2 kW CW of broadband output power in a 8U, air cooled chassis is our latest market release. Offering unrivaled size, weight, and power advantages and building on a design architecture that has been a catalyst for technology upgrades from customers with diverse requirements from multiple markets, Model 2180 provides excellent performance for end applications that include, but are not limited to, test and measurement, electronic warfare, and communications. Customer specific product variations which can be leveraged from this baseline, 1 to 2.5 GHz platform, include high power pulse applications for S-Band radar and multi-kW "scaled up" power combinations for L and S-Band applications.
In addition to the size / power density breakthrough and the element of "portability" that has been solidified with the market introduction of this 1 to 2.5 GHz, 1 kW amplifier in a 5U chassis, additional features include:
- Single RF input and output operating over the specified frequency ranges.
- User selectable configuration and operation in three different modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control).
- Optional Filter/Switches for improved harmonic rejection can be specified.
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments, upgrades for extreme environmental conditions.
- Enhanced ruggedness using the latest in high voltage RF transistors (GaN).
- Fast Electronic VSWR Protection providing safe and reliable operation during adverse load conditions.
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control (M&C) user interfaces, including a Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, RS-485 interface and a front panel touchscreen display. (Optional IEEE-488 GPIB interface available).
- Self-Protection and Diagnostics throughout the system including currents, voltages, forward and reverse power, temperature and VSWR.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier that are standard with Empower next generation designs allow the user to initiate remote management and diagnostics via an embedded web server, enabling network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multilevel security. The control system core runs an embedded OS (Linux).
January 23, 2018
HF Communications-Jamming Transmitter
November 17, 2017
AOC 2017 Presentation
September 25, 2017
Mil Standard 810
July 31, 2017
Live Demo at EMC 2017
May 16, 2017
IMS 2017 Technical Presentation
May 16, 2017
IMS 2017 Remote Demo
March 2, 2017
Pulsed Scalable Amplifier
October 27, 2016
SKU 2185 10KW Radar Amplifier
First Remote Live Demo at EMC 2016
Live Demo at IMS 2016
Low Power Amplifier Systems
1 to 2.5 GHz 2 kW HPA
Patent Approval 9,093,731 B2
Patent Approval 9,007,125 B2
SKU 2170 Live Demo at MTT-S IMS 2015
SKU 2170 Live Demo at EMC & SI 2015
80 to 1000 MHz, 500W HPA
1 to 3 GHz 1 kW HPA
Wireless Design & Development: EMC Top 10
"Live" at EMC 2014
Microwaves & RF: Power-Amplifier Systems Get Smarter
Year end (2013) Recognitions
Systems "Shrink Job"
"Size Matters" Live Demo at AOC 2013
Recent and Unique SATCOM Solution
500W HPA in 3U Chassis
Microwaves & RF: Amps Pack High Power To 1 GHz
1 kW PA Demonstrations at Industry Events
Empower's Live Demo of 20 to 1000 MHz, 1 kW PA at IMS 2013
Next Generation HPA Software Update Capability
1 kW PAs are Available for Immediate Delivery + Free Accessory Kit
Executive Chairman Role and CEO Transition
2.5 to 6 GHz Module SKU # 1191
Microwave Journal: Interview with Barry Phelps
1 kW System in 5U Chassis Introduction
Amplifier Module 125W P3dB, minimum SKU # 1163