We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Associate RF Engineer in New York
This position is located in our Holbrook, New York design facility and reports to the RF Engineer Manager with a supporting role in all activities of the Engineering Department. As an Associate RF Engineer at Empower, the incumbent will participate in the process from proposal to end of life in the design, development, and maintenance of High Power Solid-State Amplifiers and Systems targeted to the industrial, commercial and military markets. The incumbent will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- RF High Power Solid-State Amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS and ADS.
- High Power amplifier design using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Validate and test new products and designs in the lab and participate in internal research and development of new RF technologies.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform circuit analysis on simple to medium complexity analog, digital, and RF circuits.
- Generate test procedures and schematic diagrams, and assist in design reviews under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Provide support to the Engineering Organization as directed.
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases.
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products.
- Establish design criteria for the product, and determine material requirements, product operational capabilities and limitations.
- Responsible for project management of his/her designs and assure the workflow hand offs to the various agents within the company.
- Associate of Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science/Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
- A strong educational foundation that includes coursework and lab work in RF/Microwave theory and principles.
- Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronics.
- Experience in the use of RF/microwave measurement instruments such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to interface with the customer, manufacturing, test, and technical subcontract technical personnel.
- Knowledge of device and device technology. Skilled in the design, validation and characterization of analog circuits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and motivated team player who is able to prioritize tasks, and communicate progress and issues effectively.
Mechanical CAD / ECAD Designer
Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager and partnering closely with our engineering teams, the Mechanical CAD Designer with ECAD experience assumes project responsibilities from concept to detailed finished product through the preparation of all engineering drawings, manufacturing layouts and documentation, and completes layouts for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies for Radio Frequency (RF) amplifiers and related equipment.
- Create both single and multi-layered RF/Microwave and/or digital/analog printed circuit board layouts, as well as mechanical and machined assemblies.
- Utilize drafting skills to prepare detailed drawings of sheet metal, chassis, machined assemblies, machined parts, castings and the generation of fabrication drawings, enclosure drawings assembly drawings, PCB assembly, silk screening, drill.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Manufacturing departments as needed to create appropriate designs.
- Prepare supporting information by developing bills of materials; specification control drawings and engineering change notices. Modify drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes.
- Knowledge of military environmental standards and commercial best practices is required.
- File management for all drawings and documentation is required.
- Prepare for and participate in Design Reviews and productivity improvement /cost reductions programs.
- Creates Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and supports sustaining engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in Electro Mechanical Design and packaging of integrated assemblies and printed circuit board designs, plus 3-5+ years of Printed Circuit Board layout experience.
- Knowledgeable in materials, finishes, fabrication techniques, dimensioning, ANSI tolerancing and industry standards.
- Strong knowledge of electronic, electrical and mechanical design techniques.
- Experience in RF circuit component placement and proper signal routing is extremely desired.
- Strong 3D CAD literacy and experience preferably Solid Model Software Design 3D, 2D, Solid-Works preferred, Autodesk/AutoCAD Inventor or equivalent.
- Experience in RF/Microwave layouts and both digital and analog circuitry PCB layouts preferred; use of Mentor Graphics PADS PCB and Schematic capture or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret component datasheets, manufacturing and fabrication requirements, standards and guidelines as well as verbal direction.
- Implements Design for Manufacturability (DFM) in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills needed: must have the ability to communicate at all levels, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and maintain a positive customer service mentality.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, ability to handle high volume workload and changing priorities in a fast-paced department.
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leader provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifier solutions, is seeking a qualified, successful Buyer. Headquartered in Inglewood, CA, the company was founded in 1999 and designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial, scientific, and military customers worldwide.
- Plan quotes and procure materials in support of outsource and site requirements.
- Tactical sourcing of materials and services for production.
- Proactive management of the POS Report including researching and resolving discrepancies, communicating issues with appropriate departments and managers, implementing improvements to process.
- Work proactively, on a daily basis, with the manufacturing supervisors and other departments to ensure schedules are maintained and material is readily available.
- Coordinate and resolve supplier issues.
- Reconcile invoice/purchase order discrepancies with Accounting.
- Obtain quotes and participate in the development of end-item product cost.
- Establish and perform database maintenance in order to minimize inventory investments and load. For example, order quantities, lead times, order policies, shrink factors, buyer/planner data fields, etc.
- Participate in cost reductions and productivity improvement programs.
- Process disposition or material rejects and obsolete materials.
- Provide feedback to suppliers on their quality, delivery and cost reduction performance against standards.
- Responsible for understanding developments and changes at suppliers that may affect the material supply.
- Actively participate in various departmental projects and product savings initiatives.
- Demonstrate sound and logical sourcing principles to drive total cost reduction results.
- Five + years’ experience in materials planning / purchasing in electronics manufacturing environment required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM) preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems (Epicor/Vantage preferred).
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment (low volume, high mix).
- High degree of initiative is required/ ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Must have a functional understanding and application of supply chain, sourcing, and supplier management fundamentals.
- Must be able to execute procure strategies with suppliers including on-going negotiations, price increases and day-to-day support of efficient supply chain operations.
- Must be able to multitask within a fast-paced environment while prioritizing tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills; excellent organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; good written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel) are a must.
Sr. Technical Sales Representative
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, our Technical Sales Representatives are key members of the Empower Sales Team with responsibilities for pre and post order support, customer service, technical problem resolution, and integrated sales efforts with third party reps and direct sales managers to close orders. Measures, metrics, and compensation are ultimately tied to sales team performance in meeting the Company's orders growth and customer satisfaction targets.
- Customer-facing resource for driving sales opportunities.
- Accurate and timely responses to inquiries, questions, and customer escalations. Maintain on-going and accurate funnel of quotes and order status - stay connected with manufacturers' reps in the field and key customer contacts.
- Accountable for results as a member of the Sales Team for territory-specific or market-specific orders.
- Provide initial technical screening, generate quotes, enter orders, and work with sales management to organize sales to engineering "hand off" on new development contracts as they are received.
- Stay informed on competitive products and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with product engineers, business development managers, and inside support to ensure best positioning of sales solutions.
Regional Sales Manager
Reporting to the Company's Vice President of Sales, this senior sales leadership position with a key role in driving business growth and results will:
- Drive the business development process and revenue results from targeted OEM's and market segments.
- Drive results through inspired leadership and accountability with a focused and disciplined approach to account and territory sales plans.
- Design and recommend sales programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies. Create a sales plan and lead by example in implementing strategies and tactics to grow business in assigned markets, at targeted accounts, and/or specific geographies.
- Partner with engineering, business development, and executive management to identify and close on power amplifier solutions for key markets and customers.
- Represent the Company in a sales management role with key customers. Take the lead role, as appropriate, in managing strategic engagements with top customers.
- Participate in industry or trade associations as a representative of Empower RF Systems.
- Accountable for sales results and close coordination with inside sales and customer service resources to insure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- An experienced sales professional and "local" manager with targeted accounts and key markets for RF High Power Modules, Amplifiers and Amplifier Assemblies.
- Plan and maintain Regional oversight and execute on operational goals for Sales operations.
- Develop key account and business plan to drive sales.
- Review bid requests to assure their compatibility with capability and interests. Maintain current information regarding areas of proposal bid requests of commercial concerns and government agencies that are potential customers and alert management to areas of interest.
- Conduct customer research to establish extent and location of markets for product or to analyze cost of product and processes compared to alternative or competitive products or processes.
- Assure that operating division is appropriately represented in areas of technical capabilities when potential customer needs and concerns are being negotiated. Lead final customer negotiations in order to close best business opportunities.
- Build a strong presence for Empower RF Systems at targeted accounts and across key markets. Identify and overcome obstacles to progress on top opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day inquiries and proposal activities to build a sales funnel with revenue potential that is at least 5X larger than sales targets for a given time period. Basically, build and manage a strong funnel and deliver on sales goals.
- Work collaboratively with product engineers, business development managers, and inside support to insure best positioning of sales solutions.
- Manage proposal activity and present business case details to lead the company to closure on best opportunities.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by Executive Management.
- BSEE or other BS degree, or equivalent RF industry experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in sales of RF products.
- Confident presenter - strong communications skills - written and verbal.
- Competitive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Record of achieving sales results - as an individual and as a manager.
- Demonstrated skills and references as both a team builder and customer advocate inside the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapid growth environment.