We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
Inventory Control Clerk
Reporting to the Stockroom Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk maintains stock and inventory levels within the Stockroom and Warehouse areas. He/she ensures materials are stored and identified correctly, issues material for jobs according to Job Traveler and/or Material Requisition Form, and if necessary moves material safely throughout the facility using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift. Maintains accurate records in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receive incoming inventory & supply items, log into company ERP system, and label and stock inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Fill kits, check part numbers, clean and pack inventory items.
- Inspect inventory for defects, scratches or other damage. Notify Manager of problems.
- Follow all company safety and accident procedures while on company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Track all inventory in appropriate system.
- Organize and clean warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe stockroom operations.
- Recommend process and procedure changes to Stockroom Supervisor to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP data system and perform various tasks within the system.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and reconciliation.
- Assist in day-to-day inventory discrepancies as well as monthly inventories.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand throughout an 8 to 10 hour day, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique.
- Forklift operating experience (Forklift Certification a plus).
- Epicor / Vantage experience required.
- Ability to accurately find, count, bag, label and deliver small parts, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to operate personal computers and software programs, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- At least 1 year Warehouse Experience, preferably in an electronic manufacturing facility.
Electronic Assembler I
The Electronic Assembler in Top Level Assembly (TLA) provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, assembly techniques especially power amplifiers, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF related passive components. The Electronic Assembler makes all electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; includes soldering, wiring, mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Works from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Performs various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Performs operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible to keep clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Works with small hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Will be required to learn existing Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interfaces with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Expertise in RF board and mechanical assembly required.
- Familiarity with RF connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical parts.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write Basic English, perform basic math, comprehend instructions, and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understand part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required. Bending, stooping and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 35 pounds from floor to bench using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Position requires proficient and safe use of hand tools, power tools, and soldering irons in order to complete product of good quality.
- Machine shop/mechanical backgrounds a plus.
- Must be able to work on prototype, engineering and production type hardware, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with manufacturing Quality and Inspection processes.
If you are a thorough and successful Electronic Assembler, especially one with power amplifier experience, Empower RF Systems is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, etc.Apply for this position
Embedded Software Engineer
Reporting to the Company’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and partnering closely with our hardware development engineers, this is an opportunity to become a contributing member of a small development team of software / firmware engineers. Key deliverable is implementation of SW architecture and related functionality that is embedded in the next generation of high power amplifiers that we design and manufacture. The ideal candidate balances solid technical credentials in Linux-based embedded computing systems for hardware.
- BS degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Up to 5 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the management of software development and execution of deadline-driven team projects.
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills, competitive and entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to excel in a fast-paced small company team environment are necessary.