We Currently have openings for the following positions:
Empower RF Systems, Inc., a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers is seeking qualified, dynamic, successful and driven candidates. Founded in 1999, Empower RF Systems designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. We are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation. New employees are hired with an eye toward their future growth potential and capability to contribute to this fast-paced work environment that encourages engineering innovation and customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. If any of these position descriptions sound like you, we welcome your response!
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) works closely with internal teams to devise and implement procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests; audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Recommends and supports process improvements and provides inputs and support for vendor evaluations. Ensures that corrective measures meet reliability standards and that documentation is compliant. Interfaces with customers and government agencies.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure the final product meets product design requirements and support the development of new products.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Determine root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and test, provide failure analysis report as required.
- Manage/communicate technical product changes to Operations including ECO, MCO, waivers, deviations, etc.
- Define, set and manage product quality goals and plans.
- Drive Lean and Six Sigma process and methodologies with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Manage and drive closure of external customer complaints and corrective actions (CA) with Contract Manufacturing provider.
- Responsible for managing and driving low cost processes.
- Document existing and new quality assurance processes, lead training and ISO certification.
- Develop and implement QA test and perform statistical analysis for development & production programs.
- Initiate and sustain MRB (Material Review Board) process in support of appropriate product disposition.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
- Assist with internal auditing and perform Quality audits for established and new suppliers.
- Quality Engineering degree or equivalent degree required. Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in process and product engineering role within electronic manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry related journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, etc.
- RF experience is preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Experience with MS Office products required, experience with a statistical software package is a plus.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will function as an Accounting Department team member supporting the Company through effective administration of the accounts payable function. Other accounting-related duties may be performed as needed. FLSA status for this position is non-exempt.
Essential Functions – Accounts Payable
- Distributes miscellaneous vendors invoices to department heads for approval
- Enters and ensures proper coding of approved miscellaneous invoices
- Enters invoices with Purchase Orders in Vantage using 3-way matching
- Updates and reconciles Materials Received not Invoiced Report
- Works with Purchasing and Receiving on pricing and quantity discrepancies
- Monitor due dates of utilities for payment
- Process ACH, Bill Pay, and Wire Payments
- Emails payment information to vendors
- Matches invoices with check payments
- Responds to vendor accounting inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Reconciles vendor statements, researches payment issues, and corrects discrepancies
- Maintains accurate electronic and file records for tracking, reporting, and auditing purposes
- Supports internal and external audit requirements
- Works closely with Finance Team and other departments to expedite Accounts Payable processing
Essential Functions – Other
- Perform some Accounts Receivable functions as needed
- Assists in Bank Reconciliation on a bi-weekly/monthly basis
- Reconciles Employee Benefits Distribution Schedules and Credit Card transactions
- Assist the Finance Team in other special projects that may be assigned from time to time
- BA/BS in Accounting preferred
- 3 + years of experience in AP required and some AR experience is preferred
- Familiarity with accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel is a must
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter, capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner with minimum supervision required
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience using ERP systems. Experience with Epicor/Vantage is a plus
Electronic Assembler I
The Electronic Assembler in Top Level Assembly (TLA) provides the skills and knowledge to properly configure complex RF power amplifier assemblies. Experience needed in RF components, RF devices, assembly techniques especially power amplifiers, including coaxial transformers, ferrites, and all RF related passive components. The Electronic Assembler makes all electrical harnesses and RF coaxial cables; includes soldering, wiring, mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Works from production assembly instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Performs various cable assembly operations on shielded cables, ribbon cables, and wire harnesses.
- Performs operations such as assembling units of high complexity, including printed circuit boards, modules, chassis, cable harnesses and similar tasks.
- Typical cable assembly tasks include cable cutting, jacket removal, shield preparation and termination, ribbon cable preparation and termination, and stripping, tinning and termination of wire harnesses.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous shop work and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible to keep clean, orderly, and safe all work areas.
- Works with small hand tools such as soldering iron, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools.
- Will be required to learn existing Vantage MRP System and Configuration Control practices. Interfaces with MRP entry and ECR process.
- Expertise in RF board and mechanical assembly required.
- Familiarity with RF connectors.
- Requires two or more years of assembling electrical and mechanical parts.
- Must have previous training in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write Basic English, perform basic math, comprehend instructions, and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly prints, parts list, wiring diagrams and wiring lists. Schematic familiarity and understand part numbers, polarity designations, color codes, etc.
- Manual dexterity required. Bending, stooping and lifting performed daily. Capable of lifting 35 pounds from floor to bench using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Position requires proficient and safe use of hand tools, power tools, and soldering irons in order to complete product of good quality.
- Machine shop/mechanical backgrounds a plus.
- Must be able to work on prototype, engineering and production type hardware, rough sketches, and verbal instructions or notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of complex mechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with manufacturing Quality and Inspection processes.
If you are a thorough and successful Electronic Assembler, especially one with power amplifier experience, Empower RF Systems is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, etc.Apply for this position
QA Inspector Ir
The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible to audit, monitor and verify quality requirements in accordance with the company’s Quality Policy and procedures.
- Conduct systems and modules inspections, at First Article, in-process, and Final inspections. Document or report inspection findings, results, etc.
- Observe and monitor compliance to QAM/QAP requirements and project protocols.
- Monitor corrective actions to inspection findings. Work with Managers/Project Leaders to resolve inspection questions, and re-inspect for corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform Receiving Inspection of Raw Materials as required and perform audits of Materials Kits to assure the accuracy and integrity of the kitting process.
- Perform Product Identification and Traceability activities as required.
- Participate as an internal Quality Systems Auditor as necessary; train staff in QA-related topics.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Assist the Director of Quality of Assurance with special projects.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Inspection experience in an electronics/electro-mechanical industry required.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001).
- General knowledge of manufacturing, material, and quality engineering is required, including specific knowledge of mechanical inspection methods / techniques and visual inspection of electronic assemblies.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly drawings.
- J-STD-001 certified trainer/technician or IPC-A-610 workmanship standards technician or ASQ Certified Quality inspector technician status is preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and reliable, with excellent interpersonal communication skills.