RF POWER AMPLIFIERS TECHNICAL REFERENCE MATERIAL
Unlike tubes, overstressed transistors will fail almost immediately. Empower RF recognizes that the amplifier may be overstressed in the field due to incorrect interface with the system, a system component failure, or an environmental extreme.
The following features are incorporated into most amplifiers to protect them from abnormal operation:
- Reverse voltage protection
- Input overdrive protection
- Load VSWR protection via current limit circuits or output circulator
- Thermal overload protection
- Overvoltage, undervoltage and overcurrent when AC power supply is used
- Out of band drive protection
Refer to the technical data sheets of interest to determine the standard and optional protection circuits available.
Touch Screen Color LCD Controller & Remote Operation
Ver 3.93 Rev 3.3-3.8
Not applicable to "Next Generation" platform
What is Pulse Shaping? White Paper