Press Releases & Publications
Back to Media Presence
500W HPA in 3U Chassis [ September 2013 ]
500W HPA in 3U chassis available only from Empower RF Systems!
Empower RF Systems continues to leverage next generation hardware and software architecture and is proud to introduce the next series of the "size matters"" portfolio - 500W in 3U chassis. This new PA family operates in the frequency ranges of 20 - 500 MHz (Model 2173), 500 - 1000 MHz (Model 2174) and 80 - 1000 MHz (Model 2175) with the output power guaranteed over full bandwidth and temperature. You won't find another HPA alternative in the marketplace that rivals our unique combination of package, size, weight and power, not to mention, an inventory program from a global distributor Richardson RFPD.
What is so special about these 500W systems? - They have all the features of the 1kW next generation platforms and offer further size reduction.
- Size, weight and power delivery. 500W CW in a 3U chassis in this frequency range is unprecedented. Pulse applications in narrower bandwidths can also be addressed - pulse power up to 2 kW.
- Remote access user experience. This revolutionary innovation of Empower's new generation software has the feature rich menu which includes not only the software update process, but also real time monitoring, protection and control, sensor driven dynamic adjustments to the amplifier while in operation, remote user access, and a selection of communications protocols that can be enabled by the end user during system set up. The software update capability can also be exercised via a "direct connect" link, if permitted by the customer, from Empower to the fielded amplifier via the amplifier's embedded web server.
- Utilizing high power LDMOS devices that provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability and low intermodulation distortion.
- Configurable, universal power supply [single phase, two phase, three phase].
It provides status and operating conditions for the modular power supplies that are integral to the HPA.
- 500W P3dB, minimum - full bandwidth under all specified temperatures and environmentals [-10 to +50 C ambient temperature]
- Product line platform - configurable without being custom.
- Minimal touch design, which eliminates a number of manual manufacturing process steps - DME analysis and a full set of factory acceptance tests.
Consider the possibilities - smaller size, configuration and portability advantages, easier system integration and higher efficiency of "Size matters" systems significantly broaden their application capabilities within Test and Measurement, Electronic Warfare, Radar and Digital Communications markets.
May 16, 2017
IMS 2017 Technical Presentation
May 16, 2017
IMS 2017 Remote Demo
March 2, 2017
Pulsed Scalable Amplifier
October 27, 2016
SKU 2185 10KW Radar Amplifier
First Remote Live Demo at EMC 2016
Live Demo at IMS 2016
Low Power Amplifier Systems
1 to 2.5 GHz 2 kW HPA
Patent Approval 9,093,731 B2
Patent Approval 9,007,125 B2
SKU 2170 Live Demo at MTT-S IMS 2015
SKU 2170 Live Demo at EMC & SI 2015
80 to 1000 MHz, 500W HPA
1 to 3 GHz 1 kW HPA
Wireless Design & Development: EMC Top 10
"Live" at EMC 2014
Microwaves & RF: Power-Amplifier Systems Get Smarter
Year end (2013) Recognitions
Systems "Shrink Job"
"Size Matters" Live Demo at AOC 2013
Recent and Unique SATCOM Solution
500W HPA in 3U Chassis
Microwaves & RF: Amps Pack High Power To 1 GHz
1 kW PA Demonstrations at Industry Events
Empower's Live Demo of 20 to 1000 MHz, 1 kW PA at IMS 2013
Next Generation HPA Software Update Capability
1 kW PAs are Available for Immediate Delivery + Free Accessory Kit
Executive Chairman Role and CEO Transition
2.5 to 6 GHz Module SKU # 1191
Microwave Journal: Interview with Barry Phelps
1 kW System in 5U Chassis Introduction
Amplifier Module 125W P3dB, minimum SKU # 1163